Friday, November 16, 2007

T.G.I.F.

Yeah, I know, I'm a walking cliché, but c'mon...of all weeks to say it, this would be it. I still haven't recovered from last weekend's escapades as the road-tripping mama. Laundry still waits to be done, the house is still fairly messy, and we're all still exhausted from the trip. Work has been...well, it's been work, of course, but as soon as the weather changes, it becomes even harder work than before.

So we tried to sit down tonight, the 4 of us, and watch a movie...Sahara...and damned if it didn't start skipping halfway through and "Unable to read disc". Blah. So now, I'm threatening to go to bed early and let Big Boss Man deal with the boys. Little Linebacker has come into The Bunker three times now, asking to watch NBA basketball. We hate basketball. And we don't want to give him another sport about which he can have meltdowns. Bean Pole is pouting because he wants to go to Walgreens "to get milk", which really means to get him something to drink, oh and get milk while we're there, so it seems like we're really going for a good reason.

The good news is, I've finished reading my book, Fifty Acres and a Poodle, by Jeanne Marie Laskas. Mercy, did that book make me laugh. And cry. And laugh again. It's a really good book, one that was suggested on one of the other blogs I read, and I'm so glad I got it. Now I'm deciding between either It Takes A Village Idiot, by Jim Mullen, or The Egg and I, by Betty MacDonald. I'm leaning towards the former, as it's been sitting on my desk for the last week, taunting me. I love public libraries.

So...this weekend will be a weekend to catch up. Laundry to do (I will get it done today! But why does that sound familiar, as though I've said it before??) I may actually even do some yard work, as it's been neglected for a long while. And I've put the junk in the basement on notice, as I'm in the mood for cleaning, plus I'm sure there is stuff down there to either toss, donate, or sell. Catch up...a weekend to catch up.

And now I'm off to catch up on my sleep.

No comments: