Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Ramblings of a pharmacy technician.

Did you know that when you go to the pharmacy to pick up your medication, that sometimes the people behind the counter are actually trying to help you? I am one of those people. I understand that not everyone is like this. Not everyone bends over backwards to make sure you understand everything that's going on, whether it is concerning your medication, your insurance, or a note from your doctor about an appointment. In fact, I've heard horror stories from people about their dealings with the behind-the-counters at other places.

I understand that chances are good, especially if you're waiting to get zithromax for a child that hasn't stopped fussing since you came in the door, or darvocet for a grandmother who can't leave her house because she's in so much pain, or even if you're getting your monthly maintenance meds, that you're in a hurry to get in, get helped, and get out; plus I bet you'd like to keep your wallet attached to your person while you're at it! Lucky for you, I'm here.

I've taken class after class (after class) to learn my job. I've been fingerprinted, background checked, drug tested, certified and licensed, all so I can give you the easiest, most professional and knowledgeable pharmacy experience ever. If you have a question about your medication, ask away. If I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who does, and I'll do it quickly. Need help finding something in other parts of the store? Ask away. If I can't leave the pharmacy to help you find it, I'll call a manager to get you the help you need. I've got coloring books to help ease the hurt of a sick child, and I've got doggie treats if you come through my drive up with your doggies.

I work my butt off day in and day out to make sure you get what you need. Working as a Senior Certified Pharmacy Technicican has taught me a lot--a lot about how an attitude can make or break someone's day. Now I'm not saying I don't have bad days: everyone has them. I'm going through some emotional turmoil right now (that needn't be discussed here), but I'll be damned if I'll let that affect my service to you. YOU are the reason I have a job. YOU are the reason I go to work every day. It's not for the doctors or the insurance companies...it's all about you, baby!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats it, after dealing with pharmacies in central, IL...I will now be driving to MO for my precriptions. Thank you for your service to our country.

Karen said...

If everyone had your attitude, we would not ever have a thing to complain about.

Keep up the excellent work and I wish you were in my local pharm in DE. (Get this - ours is called "Happy Harry's" - funny thing is, I have never met "Harry" nor are his employees "Happy." - go figure.)

Mama Tango said...

Oooh, Karen, I think we just took over Happy Harry's out there! Although I can't be certain of the exact store.

That's the thing I hate...many of the complaints that I hear are about other Walgreens. :( It's incredible!

Patrick Truax said...

You're the best, Honey..

Karen said...

Why yes, yes you did - so here is hoping that they put YOU in charge of whipping our folks into shape! Hee hee!