Saturday, October 22, 2011

Quilting Saturday

And by Quilting Saturday, I mean I didn't quilt at all. Actually, I'd put "take a trip to the closest fabric store to look at fallish material" on my mental to-do list. But that didn't happen. We were busy bees today.

This morning we awoke early to get my older son off to his weekend away. His friends showed up a little early, so I'm glad we were up and prepared. Then we left on a mini-road trip north up The Great River Road. We crossed a really old (and really narrow!) drawbridge into Calhoun County, and just drove. And looked at farmland. And drove. And pit-stopped for a drink and snack. And drove. And took pictures of barns. And drove. And stopped at an old couple's house to buy homemade raspberry jam. And drove some more.

There was some sort of quilt show this weekend in one of the one-horse-towns we drove through. Talk about amazing!! If I'd been alone, i probably could've spent hours looking. We took several pictures of quilt blocks that had been painted onto the sides of barns. The homemade jam lady assured us this was just a fad that caught on, and although she didn't have one yet, she needed to start considering it.

Then we crossed back over the Illinois River by way of the Brussels Ferry, which wierded me out just a little bit, so I entertained myself by reading the old copy of The Little House in the Big Woods that I picked up at the book sale at the Parkfest last weekend. A quick stint back down The River Road, and home again, home again we went.

Now we sit, watching Game 3 of the World Series. Ice cream and chips for some evening snacks, and although I'd hoped to hit the hay early tonight, I don't think I'll be able to go before the game is over.

Everyone have a blessed Sunday, and remember:

Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; new things have come. 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments: