Friday, October 21, 2011

Oh Yeah!!

First of all, let me tell ya something:

I'm writing from A COMPUTER!!! Oh, you have no idea how blessed this is!

Secondly:

GO CARDS!!! We may have lost game 2, but we'll get them!

Third:

I received my catalog from Vision Forum a few days ago. What fantastic products!! (And no, I'm not getting paid to say that...I'm just really impressed with the products, and with Vision Forum in general.

And now for the random stuff:

My email, that I've had for years, hasn't been working lately for some reason. So I finally decided on a new email address with yahoo (Patrick had switched over not long ago, and said yahoo had been okay for him, so I trusted it). Can I tell you what a big pain it is to subscribe to all my different emails all over again?? I realize that's a pretty petty thing to complain about, and if that's my only problem, I'm SET!!

Last Saturday we went to Eckert's Farm in Grafton, Illinois. Not only did we get to drive along the Great River Road (the trees have started turning!), but the kids had a blast playing, seeing animals, and picking out their pumpkins. Sunday afternoon, we went to the 20th Annual LeClaire Parkfest in my hometown, Edwardsville, Illinois. Can you say "carnival food"?? Oh yes. Games, funnel cakes, pony rides, lemonade, the lake, homemade curly fries, doggy adoptions (no, we didn't adopt, but the dogs were just adorable)...good times followed by tired kids. It doesn't get much better.

This weekend has no set plans, which is wonderful. It's been chilly here this week, so I think cookies might be in order, and maybe a batch of Olga bread. Nom nom nom. Thomas will be gone with friends this weekend, so one less child is on the agenda.

No comments: