Sunday, October 02, 2011

Don't Ever Let Anyone Tell You...

"She looks well to the ways of her household, she does not eat the bread of idleness.". Proverbs 31:27

I'm trying. I found a very inspirational website (that I will share later, for reasons you will soon hear). This wonderful, virtuous woman shared her housekeeping schedule, which included at least a couple loads of laundry a day, setting a timer to help you remember to flip it. I, however, wanted to start with the cleanest slate possible, so I spent much of today doing laundry. I also had a retirement party to attend this evening. In an effort to keep with the schedule before I even start it, I flipped a load when I got home from the party. As I'm switching the clothes from washer to dryer, I JAM my thumb against the side of the dryer hard enough to bring tears to my eyes. I think, "Great!! Another nail bent back!", and look down. I'll spare you the gory details because they're, well, gory. But I will tell you, I'll be purple for awhile, and I fear I may lose this nail. Hence my short post, as any pressure on my thumb makes me sad.

Don't ever let anyone tell you housework isn't dangerous. It just ain't truth.

No comments: