Monday, October 24, 2011

Be Still

One of my favorite verses. I have a few, and since I've been following my Bible plans on my YouVersion account, my list has grown. But Psalm 46:10 is one of my favorites.

We are so busy. So rushed. So have-to-stop-at-McDonald's-again-because-we'll-never-make-it-from-soccer-practice-to-Bible-study-on-time-ful (yes, I know). So worried. So anxious. So stressed. Even our "quiet time" is often spent working our minds, solving problems or making plans. Isn't is FANTASTIC to know that He is God?

Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. ~Psalm 46:10

What's completely awesome about this is that in the midst of troubles, we know that He is there as well. We must work hard, yes. We must do everything we can to "fix" our broken lives. But we can relax and realize that when our part is done, His part is still being worked on. He is always working in our lives. And whatever happens is His will, and for His glory.

So be still, friends, and know that He is God.

No comments: