Saturday, March 17, 2012

Oh Honey Child!

Boy oh boy, am I feelin' it today!! And by it, I mean the dreaded belly bloat. It's the enemy of everyone, but I believe especially women (maybe that's because, well, I'm a woman?). Yesterday was a badbadbad eating day. I started out bad by not logging in my breakfast at Spark People, and it went downhill pretty quickly from then on. My water intake was low as well, and if that happens, I know the next day is going to be bad.

So. I took the plunge.

Today I shot my "before" pictures. O_o

Let's just say that posing in front of a missor and a camera was my worst nightmare (until I had kids...now I worry about different things...most of the time). I recently bought a new top to exercise in - a pink tank with a built-in sports bra, something that will hold me in without making me feel like I'm wearing the top half of a corset (sorry guys). I put it on for one of my "skinny days". I was feeling great! It didn't look perfect, but I was lookin' good!! ;)

Today? Not. So. Much.

But, I've got them now. Fortunately for you, I am not going to post them until I've got my "after" pictures to go along with them! I can't wait to get our taxes back, because I'm hoping it'll pay for a gym membership. I am not the type of person that can work out at home. I mean, I can do your basic jumping jacks, push-ups, crunches and stretching at home without a problem, but I need classes! I need people around me all shooting for the same goal! I need the feeling of camaraderie one gets while jumping around, sweating like crazy, digging tunes that one can only listen to in step aerobics and get away with it.

{picture a screen of women working on the treadmills here...blogger is being dumb and won't let me upload it}

So, there you have it. In my defense, I took a front, a side, and another side view where I, uhm, I wasn't sucking in my tummy {ahem}. Someday maybe my before and after pictures will be on Pinterest and be an inspiration to someone else. And if not, at least I'll have the energy to play with my kids, and to keep up with my grandbaby when he gets a little older, and to go do awesomely (yeah, I made that word up) fun things with my husband when our own kids are older. God has given me my husband, children, grandchild, and a few guaranteed friends. Now He will give me the strength to overcome my own weaknesses.

No comments: