Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fun Day Sunday!

What a relaxing weekend! With my father-in-law in town, some of the normal weekend stuff has fallen to the wayside (I did do the dishes, and at least started in laundry yesterday!). The kids have enjoyed swimming in Grandpa Terry's hotel pool, and I haven't had to cook much because we've eaten dinner out (or ordered in) since he's been here (MAJOR blessing!).

All the boys went to the mall across the river yesterday to hang out and get Thomas's late birthday present from Grandpa Terry. Thomas used his birthday money and Grandpa Terry pitched in the rest to get a skateboard from Plan Nine, the skatepark in the mall. He's been wanting one for awhile now, but his old one was still good, and they're expensive! But he kept hold of his birthday cash just to purchase it.

Jacob was surprised by the entire Sly Cooper Collection for Playstation 3, although Patrick likes it so much that I think it was more a present for both of them! We used to have them for the older gaming system, and we remember it taking a LONG time to beat - now they breeze right through a lot of it!

Tonight we plan on dinner and more swimming, as Grandpa Terry heads back home tomorrow, and the older children start back to school. I will catch up on housework, run some errands, grocery shop to restock the fridge, and finish some paperwork before work on Tuesday. I so enjoy these times at home with my family and hate for them to come to an end. Sometimes it makes me wonder what the Lord has planned for us, and why things are working out this way. Jeremiah promises that it is all a part of His plan:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

Lord, help me to know You are in control of my life and the lives of those I love. Give me peace even during the hardest of times, and help me to provide stability, comfort, and a cheery disposition for my family at all times, whether I'm at home or not. Give me strength for my weakest times and allow it to flow through me to those around me when they are weak. I pray this in Jesus' Holy Name, Amen.

No comments: