Sunday, August 24, 2008

The time has come!

No no, not that time, not yet anyway. The time has come that I faced my fears. My mother came by today and helped me do some final preparations for LMJM's arrival - cleaning ye old dresser drawers out, loading the already washed eensy-weensy baby girl clothes into the drawers, plus she did some dishes and helped clean in back of our couch (goodness, did that need cleaned up). Then she helped me with this fear...she helped me face it. I'll admit that I haven't completely overcome it yet, as we only spent a little time on it...however, foundations have been laid, and that's an excellent start.

Now, just to make you angry, I'm not going to tell you what my fear is yet...although longer readers might know of what I speak. I will do some *major* searching for the USB cord for my digital, and post pictures of it later tonight.

In the meantime, let me tell you - I had my first cuppa joe in, what, 8½ months yesterday? Oh sweet mercy, was it good...milk and sugar, just like I like it. And ya know what? I had no (additional) problems sleeping last night, no ill-effects on my tummy, and I don't think drinking coffee for the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy (if that long) is going to any stunting of growth or over-hypering of LMJM. My brother gave me a hint as to the coffee combo he finally found at Starbucks that actually has any caffeine-like effects on him, but I'll wait until after the birthing/breastfeeding portion of babyness has come and gone to take part.

Okay, off to make a late supper, then I'll be back with (hopefully) pictures of today's excitement!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to know you're still okay! With only 2 weeks to go, I guess I'll have to start holding my breath waiting for THE news!

Looking forward to some pictures! You not going to show us your belly shot, are you? That's okay, we understand!

Sounds like you are ready for LMJM's arrival and back to coffee drinking. Well, if she allows you to have some while breastfeeding.

Happy to hear you all are okay!

White Hot Magik said...

So close, your title did fool me a bit. I'll forgive you considering your state and all. ; )