Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stuck

First, I'd like to thank anyone who reads my blabbering, especially since the lack of pictures has to make it SO boring. Thank you for sticking with me through my computerless time.

Now. Down to the nitty gritty.

I'm struggling, and could use your prayers. When this...situation...first started, I was taking some time off work. I didn't quit, just took a leave to get our family moved and settled. When the move was delayed, I was picking up random shifts here and there, but spending most days at home. I LOVED staying with GinaGina, and being there when the boys got home from school. The kids all had better attitudes. But I missed Patrick terribly, as did the kids.

When the move was cancelled (again, that's another post), I called the district we now lived in, found a store in need of a senior technician, and went back to work about 33 hours a week. This is where I'm struggling. I miss my children. I miss taking care of the house, or at least having the energy to take care of it. I feel as though I'm being pulled in separate directions...like I'm all out of balance. At first, I thought God was telling me that my place really was at home. I prayed and prayed that if it was His will, to give me some insight as to some way I could contribute to our family income, but remain home with our children. Without going into too much detail, my going back to work was not a choice, it was a necessity. I've been back for over a month now, and I'm still feeling torn.

Please, brothers and sisters, pray for and with me that I can be content with the path God has my family and I on right now, and that I can (with strength that can only come from my Savior) find a way to continue to work outside the home, while keeping my house a home, a haven for those that dwell within its walls, a welcome reprieve from the stresses and worries of the physical world.

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago. ~Ephesians 2:10

No comments: