Thursday, November 03, 2011

:) :(

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

~that the rain has turned to snow in places west of our area (winter is my favorite season)
~that God is so absolutely forgiving, even as I fail as a wife, parent, and homemaker daily
~soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies (I think I found my lost recipe...I'm trying it this weekend and will post results)
~hot coffee with peppermint mocha creamer
~falling back!! (don't forget to set your clocks back and replace smoke alarm batteries this weekend)
~roast in the crock pot (is the crock pot on my list every week?? I love my crock pot)

THINGS THAT MAKE ME SAD:

~early huge snowstorms on the East Coast. I've been praying for relief for family and friends we have there.
~matching socks (see my bible verse below: it's one I meditate on while on sock duty)


Let us not become weary of doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. ~Galatians 6:9

I believe this is an important verse for any mother, as we tread through the seemingly menial tasks of keeping home. We are serving our family by making our home a haven, a comfortable, welcoming place that exudes our love, and more importantly, that of our Heavenly Father. Our family should feel at peace when walking through the door, and we as homemakers are charged with that duty. Take comfort that this is of God's design! He is all-knowing, and He has given you everything you need to succeed in this role, including your greatest lifeline: Him!!

No comments: