Friday, June 29, 2012

Howdy friends!

Lawsy mercy, has it been hot here in the good ol' Midwest! Yesterday we broke a record high set way back ( don't recall an exact year), today will likely break another record (this one from further back in 1874!), and they're calling for triple digit temps through the weekend, with no rainfall in sight. Our little patch of heaven (aka, our smallish, last minute garden) is crying. Actually, it's doing quite well for it being so dry because we are watering like crazy. Some nearby towns have called for voluntary water conservation, but nothing so far here.

Yesterday, the husband and I finalized plans to Atlanta, Georgia for a huge family reunion (on his side). We just have to find a way for our daughter and her son to get there, and we'll be set! This has put a frightening image in my head, however, of...well, me! Is this the motivation I've been looking for to finally stop eating like I'm hypoglycemic and need to eat 24/7? Or if I eat 24/7, it just has to be lots of fruits and veggies, with some lean meats, low fat dairy and complex carbs for good measure? See?? I know how to do it, it's just getting up off my fat bottom and get movin'!! Cheer me on, would ya? Lately I've been feeling like 10 pounds of potatoes in a 5 pound bag. I know the heat plays a part, but still!

On another note, please please please send your prayers up for the people and land in Colorado. We have several family members and friends that live in the state, altho9ugh none (as of yet) have been directly affected. And as one of our favorite places to visit, we are saddened by the loss of such beauty in nature. I have been diligently praying our almighty God to send down rain, to calm the winds, to protect the firefighters and to allow people to reach safety...a lot to ask, but this is God we're talking about!

The Hubster is playing at the coffee shop tonight, so I'm trying to get Bean down for a nap this afternoon. She's against it, but maybe she'll do quiet time. Other than that, we have no solid weekend plans (other than the usual laundry). We were contemplating a trip up north, but I think because of the heat, we've put that on hold.

Whatever you're doing this weekend, have a wonderful couple of days, and stay cool!!

No comments: