Friday, June 01, 2012

Hey Jude

Hello friends!

Today I'd like to take the time to remember someone very near and dear to my heart. It's a little odd, because I never had the honor to meet this woman, but I feel like I know her through all the stories I've heard and pictures I've seen.

Judith McCarthy Truax

This lovely woman is the mother of my husband, Patrick. She was born on today's date in 1942. She went to be with our Savior on March 24, 2001. Too early. Too early for her husband, my father-in-law Terry. Too early for her children. Too early for her grandchildren, and now great-granchild. Perfect in God's timing, but for us left here without her? Not so much.

Jude and Terry...an *awesome* picture :)

Jude lived a full life in the time she was here. Although she left behind some heartbroken family, she also left wonderful memories. I never had the privilege of meeting her. Her family tells stories of her with such love, like it was yesterday.

On an adventure. Sorry for the far away picture.

Jude and Terry raised the fine man that is my husband. I wish I could have met her. Happy birthday, Jude. We love you.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a nice tribute, Kelly!