Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween, folks!

How could it possibly be October 31st, already?!?! I am continually amazed at how quickly the year is passing by. It always moves fast, but once cold and flu season hits, it goes faster because of how busy it gets at work.

Today has been spent working around the house. I hit the ground FLYing and although I've taken a couple breaks, I've gotten so much done! I'm going through The Boys' room and the basement, 15 minutes at a time, collecting stuff that's just plain trash (*why* have we been keeping broken toys, games missing pieces, etc.????). Then I'm collecting stuff that's still good, but not in use by us anymore - we can certainly let it bless someone else's life! I'll take that to one of my favorite stores,Value Village, tomorrow. I also went to the grocery store and had dinner planned out, but my husband woke up feeling sick to his stomach, and the meal I'd planned wasn't sounding too appealing at all. So I'll save that for tomorrow night's supper and try something quick and easy for tonight.

We'll be heading out for trick or treating later this evening - The Boys are going as zombies (yeah, I really tried to convince them otherwise, to no avail), and GinaGina will be THE cutest bumble bee I've ever seen. We'd planned on heading over to a friend's house for her yearly party, but oddly, she woke up not feeling well either, and isn't sure if the party's a go or not. If not, we'll come back home, sort through the candy, and maybe have family movie night (or family football night, which we enjoy even more!).

Everyone have a safe, happy Halloween! Don't eat too much candy!

1 comment:

50s Housewife said...

Hi Ax Lady! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Regarding your caramel apple question... I use the "caramel apples for dummies method". :) You can buy caramel in round sheets meant for apples in a kit that also comes with the Popsicle sticks. In my grocery store they are near the apples this time of year. All you have to do is wash and dry the apples really well, stretch the circle of caramel over the apple and bake at 200 for about 5 minutes. Super easy!